Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Thing 22-Project Gutenburg, Overdrive and NetLibrary

I explored NetLibrary, Overdrive and Project Gutenburg. I wound up getting lost in the world of Gutenburg because they have foreign language books in both audio and e-text format. As a linguist, I became quickly fascinated at all of the languages they provide. Granted, some languages only have 1 or 3 items under the language listing, but still, it was far more material than was available elsewhere. Also, it was easier to manipulate than Overdrive and NetLibrary. The only downfall that I came across may just be an error of my behalf, but the etext items were only viewable, not able to be saved on my computer like the audio files were.



I am very curious (and excited!) to see how Project Gutenburg evolves over the next few months and the next few years.

No comments: