Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Still in Week 3, playing around with Meez...

It's me again. I was browsing some blogs last night at work and saw something called a "Meez" ( a cartoony person that you could use as your profile picture identification if you wanted to retain some anonymity) and I thought it looked simple enough to try to create one.

As usual, I SEVERELY underestimated the concept of "simple". Anywho, it took me until just a few moments ago, but after some good, old-fashioned trial-and-error, I finally have a Meez. If anyone is interested, you can go to meez.com and create your very own animated person to use as a profile pic. They even have some library stacks as one of the available backgrounds, which I thought was nice.

If you want to send your Meez to your blog, you have to go to "export" in the meez menu, then copy and paste the URL from the "a direct link to your Meez" to the photograph space in our blogger settings. (It took me forEVER to figure that one out!)

Anywho, I am off to explore more stuff. Just thought I'd share.

2 comments:

Periodic Frippery said...

I really like your avatar/Meez. I've seen similar programs and it is really easy to spend a lot of time there.

BTW... Tag, you're it! If you stop by my blog (by using the link above) you'll find the the rules of the game and you'll be able to read a little bit about me.

I enjoyed reading through your blog while checking for vict... er, others to play. Now I'm off to take a look at that Meez site!

JimD said...

Everyone is Meez-ing it up. I'll have to take a shot at that.